Just a little piece of space.

This is my life, these are my loves, and this is my dream...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter in Oz











 We've been here for almost 3 years. this will be our second Easter in this house. The weather is just about perfect, and this is the time of year that I'm most comfortable.  I still hear splashes coming from the pool on warmer days and the nights are no longer unbearably hot.  We've pulled out our warmer weather gear for the cooler days, but very rarely need to use them...and the humidity has left us for a while.

My little girls are delighted to be able to do all the outdoor things again, the cool breezes set the scene for garden tea parties, playing on the trampoline, fun at the park and just being able to kick back and get lost into their little dreamy worlds.




Easter has been good.  David has been home this year and with a week off from the usual madness of preparing for an open house, the relaxed atmosphere has been exactly what we've needed.



Eggs were hard boiled and painted, Easter Bunnies delivered and there has been a handful of sugar-high little people running around the house and garden.  It's ok, it's once a year and it's Easter.



 I'm hoping they consume the crazy amount of chocolate in a couple of days, get it out of their system and back to the normal amount of sugar in their diet.  Probably a big hope!



And I can assure you, the other kids were all around, just hiding from my camera, it seems if you have it constantly pointed at them, they develop little ways to avoid it, making it look as though your family is only half the size that it is!  I'll forgive them this though, just being with my family at Easter is enough for me. :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the pics..love them...and love you! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma your family is beautiful! Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny about the hiding kids. Eleanor hides,and I wonder when the others will start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma...once again...gorgeous pictures.

    Email me....I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all super! Love the look of glee on her face in the first one! Sounds like a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive