Just a little piece of space.

This is my life, these are my loves, and this is my dream...

Saturday, April 30, 2011

12+16+20 = 3

I know it sounds like crazy Maths, but in this case, it's true.

 A few weeks ago while hanging out with my eldest three girls, I noticed the height thing.  All three of them exactly the same.  With their ages pretty spaced out it's not something that I ever thought would happen, but there there were all standing in a row, and it made me smile.  Today I captured it.



Because this can't last forever.  Before long, one or maybe even two of them will sprout up, overtaking the others.




 So different these three, which makes it all the more interesting and ironic that they are equal amounts from the floor.  It's another fleeting moment that wont last long and I'm acutely aware that I'm on borrowed time with all my girls still safely nestled in our home.   As it is, I'm pretty sure it was only a few days ago that I was wiping their snotty noses, patching up their grazed knees, and blowing bubbles for them in the bath with soap suds.






This next image, is a bit of a milestone.  Libby has been shy of her 'alien feet' as she calls them for as long as I can remember.  She doesn't often flash them around and it's only lately that she's felt comfortable enough to wear open toed shoes, or flip-flops.  We all love them though, just part of her uniqueness and this was an opportunity not to be missed. :)





I can't take for granted days like today, hanging out with my 3 (still little to me) goofballs. This was a funny moment, and I really can't stop laughing when I think of it, but believe me when I tell you that some things really don't need to be shared.





 As I pack away my camera and continue to watch them, I can't help but wonder what the world has in store for these three.  I know I can't keep them as close to me as I'd like forever physically, and I'm looking forward to watching them unfold their wings, just not quite yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive