Just a little piece of space.

This is my life, these are my loves, and this is my dream...

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Different Era

Black and White.  I love it.  Back when I was a kid, and when little girls used to continuously ask each other 'what's your favourite colour', I never really knew how to answer.  Blue was my favourite bright beautiful vibrant colour, but the answer I always wanted to give, was black and white - together!  No wonder I'm so captured by black and white pictures.  There's a purity to them that colour can't capture.  Almost like being hearing impaired.  Take away the pretty distractions and what you are looking at becomes so much clearer.

Plus the fact that really I should've been living my whole life in the 40's and 50's.  I can just see myself in a frilly apron tied at the waist, high heels, red lipstick, pin curled waves in my hair and holding freshly baked cookies straight out of the oven.  Obviously this whole scene is in black and white!

Lately we've all been getting our 'retro' on and I've been subjecting my kids to the same 'treatment'.  I'm quite liking the results..


Ok, maybe the sparkly drama princess t-shirt hauls you right back into the year 2010, but I'm willing to overlook these small details..


Now I'm sure this girl is straight out of a advert for Lux Soap Powder.  Although she probably should be sitting in a  small tin tub, surrounded by bubbles..


Now that I think about it, how on earth am I ever going to go back to colour pictures again!!


Even the slightly fuzzy ones, (due to very wriggly babies), are cute.


Definitely glad we went with the dark chocolate brown nail polish..


Giving me her best 'old fashioned' look here.





Yup, black and white - still my favourite.  And now if anyone asks me, I'll tell them so.


And something else really cool.  Some of which is thanks to a lovely lady who has her own really sweet blog, Life is Like a Box of Chocolates, I have learnt how to post picture sets, Taadaaa!  Something I've wanted to do for a while now, so I'm a happy girl!



1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog from Life is Like a Box of Chocolates actually! Glad I did--these photos are absolutely darling (and so are the girls)!! Love the black and white processing you used-what editing program do you use? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive